October 24, 2008

Update from down south

This is what I should be doing right now, because I am post-call:
But instead I am going to make a massive post. A blog log, so to speak.

First off, I just want to remind everyone how tough my kids are:
Yes, those are live snakes my kids were handling. Live POISONOUS snakes. Like pythons or something. And my kids loved it. Yep.

And now, I'd like to tell everybody about one of Axel and I's favorite new past times. Golf. Frisbee Golf. There is a totally amazing course pretty close by that has 18 holes + 3 bonus holes. Axel is getting pretty good at chucking a frisbee. The only problem is that he is always trying to swap his semi-lame frisbee for my high-power frisbee fairway driver. That's not going to happen until Axel is tough enough to take his dad to town. Chinatown. And it is HIGHLY unlikely to happen while I am wearing boy scout pants.
Alisha and I took the whole family to a corn maze the other day. It was my wife's idea, and I have to give her credit, it was pretty fun. Axel and Maggie took turns leading the way, and we pretty much made it straight through.

Here's an aerial shot of the maze:
I took that shot from our helicopter ride. No wait, I mean our family hang-gliding ride.

OK, so I just got it off the Gentry Farms website. But you can imagine...

OK, now to talk more about my kids. Isn't Maggie so cute?
Little do you know that she sometimes is cranky and needs to do time-outs. The funny thing is that she really likes time-outs. She can be so INCREDIBLY cranky, and I'll say (very firmly), "Maggie, go do a time-out right now!" and she'll just say, "OK" and go to the nearest corner and stand in it. When I tell her she is done, she comes out of the corner and is the sweetest little girl again.
Lucy is quickly growing up, and we are all hoping she takes after her big sister. I think she will. Look at this cute smile:
She gets her good looks from her mom...
and not from Axel.
Last but not least, I just wanted to show off that my family took a little vacation to the one and only original Jack Daniel's distillery. You might have to click on the picture to zoom in and read the sign for proof.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute pictures!

I really want to visit that Jack Daniels place and get a picture. Seeing that I'm married to a Zac Daniels, you can imagine the jokes people are always making...we need a picture. :)

Brenda said...

Love your post. It's good to get an update.

McEwen Family said...

Your family is awesome, those were great shots of the kids! Paul, you are funny... I can't help but smile while reading your posts, just the stuff you say, like how tough you are with the frizbee b/c you were wearing boy scout pants! A true Reynolds is what you are! Glad to see things are going well for you guys!

Julie said...

Cute pictures and highly enjoyable update.

ericareynolds said...

Oh, they are so cute! I love that picture of Maggie. I just want to reach through the screen and give her a big squeeze. Of course, she'd probably run screaming and crying away from me since she only sees us twice a year. Which reminds me: hurry up and finish school so our kids can play together.

Katie said...

The time out picture is hilarious. I wish Eve stayed in time out. Any suggestions?