August 10, 2010

Excellent masks

The kids love to play doctor. Axel decided today that he needed a mask and gloves for surgery. This has not been done previously. It was so funny, i had to photograph it.
Then when it was mag's turn, of course she wanted a mask and gloves too.
If you know the family Paul grew up in, you know they have it embeded in their genes to put underwear and mops on their heads. I don't know why. But my kids got it.

A conversation which took place on Sunday:
(I must preface this conversation with the information that Axel LOVES Imagine Dragons, almost as much as Paul does. Axel loves doing anything at all with his Dad. Axel is also super righteous. Probably the most righteous person in our family.)
Paul is watching his brother's band on you-tube performing at a show.
Axel: Hey, Dad, this is not Sunday music.
Dad: It's ok, this is my brother. It's ok to do things with your family on Sunday. Come watch it with me.
Axel was listening to church stories on lds.org.
Axel: No, it's a better choice to do this.
Dad: I think Axel has a little bit of his mother's self-righteousness.
I was beaming with pride in the corner. It's been a long standing discussion between Paul and I what is appropriate Sabbath Day music. Point for me.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

LMBO! I would have put an A in there instead of a B, but I didn't think it would be very righteous. :)

Mac and Julie Reynolds said...

that last story was so awesome on so many levels.

Julie said...

So funny! And is this his brother Mac? The one that I knew at BYU? Cool! I like their sound!

Beth said...

I really enjoy your blog. I need to stop by much more often.

jon and em said...

Love this!!! Love your family and loved sharing paletas with y'all when we were in town. I'll be there labor day to see debbie russell (anna's flying in, too). I'll be in touch. How was axel's first day(s) of school?