November 16, 2011

Tried with riches

The worst fear that I have about this people is that they will get rich in this country, forget God and his people, wax fat, and kick themselves out of the Church and go to hell. This people will stand mobbing, robbing, poverty and all manner of persecution, and be true. My greater fear for them is that they cannot stand wealth; and yet they have to be tried with riches, for they will become the richest people on this earth.
  • Preston Nibley, Brigham Young, the Man and His Work, 128.

Hopefully my family can stand wealth, and not kick ourselves out of the church.  We've been rich for over 3 years, Paul tells me we're doing ok.  As my keeper, if you see me going off course, call me on the carpet.  I LOVE being called on the carpet.  Really.  That's why I love Brigham Young.

1 comment:

Heidi Sitake said...

so the family pictures. I love the one with maggie and lucille. maggie looks like what's her name, medicine woman from that old show. I'm obsessed with the one of axel and maggie. boone is just too cute. I love him. you cut off your hair. It looks pretty. cheerio! love you