September 10, 2012

I finally saw the beauty of the desert


I think I deserved it.  I paid my dues, I tried really hard, and I did see how the desert could be beautiful.  


In Spanish Las Vegas means, The Meadows.

(I wish I could say I lived in The Meadows, it sounds more like a place for me.)

We went about 30 min outside of Las Vegas to Calico Basin.


The plants are fighters, so we help them out by not treading on them.


There are natural springs there, and the plants are soooo happy.


So are the bees.  Can you see the bees on the white fluff?  They are having Thanksgiving.  I was so happy to see them.


Axel is personifying what was going on in my heart.


Seeing the plants in their natural habitat, instead of highly manicured in yards, helped me see how they are meant to look.  


I couldn't help but think that these plants are more thankful than plants in Nashville.


I was certainly appreciative of their hard work.


We are meant to be outside.


Then we went climbing around the Red Rock.


And by we, I mean Paul and the olders.  That's a super zoomed in picture.


Boone and I were slow.
It was really just Boone, but I don't want to point fingers.


There are endless rocks in the desert, which is a little boys favorite toy.


He also discovered a slide.


And the camera pointed the other direction?  Homes.  Yes, people live here, right next to where the desert is beautiful.  Made me want to live here too.

  
Bye.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That looks so fun! What a beautiful discovery.

Aby Runyan said...

Reminds me a lot of where my parents live in La Quinta, CA. Their home is right in the desert. You can go for amazing hikes and in one directions see only desert and mountains forever, and then in the other it's homes.

luvs, aby

Heidi Sitake said...

lovely lish. boone is to die for in these pictures. He looks so happy and cute! Makes me wanna get in my car right now and visit.