February 26, 2013

our family update

Maggie attached a garage clicker to her bike.  It makes me laugh every time she pulls in with her pink helmet and clicks the garage open.

I have a few projects open right now, and Lou asks me about 5 times every day in a whining voice, "Mooooom, have you painted the acorns yet?"  "Moooooom, have you you made the temple dress yet?"   "Mooooooom, have you finished the ice cream skirt yet?"  I told her that if she would clean up I could work on all those things.  She actually has helped more, because she's a good girl.

Axel went to the dentist for the first time and had three BIG cavities.  I felt like such a delinquent parent.  We're now flossing daily.  Axel is taking it very seriously, and now brings floss to the diner table so the plaque doesn't have a chance.

Boone is finally talking and repeats EVERYTHING we say.  "Mom, where is that thing?"  "FING?"  "I don't know what thing you're talking about."  "TOKIN BOUT"  "Can you be more specific?"  "SIFIC."  "The thing for my doll."  "MY DOLL."  It's actually quite cute.  Which is good because he's throwing things when he's angry, which is not that cute.  Also, he says nuggo for snuggle.  And he is absolutely irresistible when the lifts his arms to me and says, "Mamma nuggo."  He gets one every time.

Paul and I finally signed up for a gym membership, and go together often.  He lifts weights, I run on the treadmill.  But he's started sprinting before he lifts, and he really likes to work out together.  I'm more of a loner worker-outer, but try not to poopoo any togetherness time.  So we ran together, just one mile on the track at a 7.5 min. mile pace.  It was nice.  At the end, he congratulated me, "7.5 is a great time for a girl!"  When I didn't respond, he repeated it, to make sure I knew how proud he was of me.  I was a little irked, and was going to give him a piece of my mind, but I was too busy huffing and puffing.  And it IS a pretty good time for me.  Meanwhile, my husband who sat on his bottom for 4 years in undergrad, and 4 years in medschool, and then for 4 years in the OR turning knobs, has been running a little over a 6 min mile pace, because he's been working out for a month.  Testosterone.  It beats me every time and makes me so mad.

But to leave you on a pro-husband note:  He thinks I'm a genius in the garden.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for the update! Love to read your stuff :)

the youngs said...

Great update. I can hear Boone's voice saying Snuggo...it would get me every time too!

Julie said...

I love this post, Lish! And I love your awesome family. Even Paul's bm 6-minute-mile nonsense.

Rebekah M said...

Alisha,

Your comment about running times cracks me up because Conrad and I are the same way. I go to the gym regularly and he somehow stays in better shape than me by taking the stairs at work.

Hope you all are well!

Bekah

Heidi Sitake said...

awesome lish!! may I suggest again the awesomeness of yoga. Like power yoga. It's totally awesome. Did you also know that I have grown a half inch! I'm thinking I haven't grown, it's just the yoga. See if your gym has some classes. Running some days and yoga some days is the bomb. seriously! and also your kids are so cute. Maggie with the garage thing is hilarious!

Alisha said...

I am ashamed that I have shrunk 1/2 inch. So I used to be 5' 10 3/4" so I just said 5'11". But now I'm 5'10 1/4, so I have to say 5'10". It tastes terrible in my mouth. That's it, I'm doing power yoga. Thanks for the tip.