September 17, 2009

I love breakfast

Today, I had a craving for healthy, hearty, delicious pancakes. So I tweaked our favorite pancake recipe and made the best pancakes I've ever eaten. (except for Pancake Pantry's sweet potato pancakes, those are shipped straight from heaven)


And I made cinnamon syrup, an excellent compliment.


In case you're interested, here's the recipe:

Mix in a bowl: 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 tsp. salt, 1 Tbls. baking powder, 6 Tbls. dry milk, 1/4 cup ground flax seed.

Blend in blender: 2 cups water, 1 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup old brown banana, 3 egg yolks, 3 Tbls. oil, 1 Tbls. brown sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla

Add blender contents to flour mix.

Beat 3 eggs whites till stiff, add to batter. Cook on griddle.

Top with cinnamon syrup.

Combine in saucepan: 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup dark corn syrup, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Boil 2 minutes. Then add 2 Tbls. cream.

I think it would be even better with 1/2 cup walnuts thrown in the blender, but Paul for some reason doesn't like nuts in his pancakes.


They really were amazing. Paul agreed they were the best pancakes he's put in his mouth.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Ok. Thanks a lot. I am now drooling all over myself. Cannot wait to try these, especially the cinnamon syrup. Mmmmmmmmm....

ericareynolds said...

Oooh! I've got to make those this weekend. Sounds YUMMY!

S.A.R. said...

That. Looks. Amazing.

Heidi & Pona said...

thanks for the recipe. i love pancakes! i'll be making them for myself since pona doesn't like pancakes. i plan on eating a ton of them. yipee!

Rachel said...

I'm totally going to make these. Your family is as darling as ever.