November 4, 2010

Boone's car seat

I decided to redo the car seat. It has gone through 5 children. My own three, one little friend who used to be at our house 50 hours a week and came everywhere with us, and someone in our ward borrowed it. When I took it all apart to clean it I found mold growing on the underside of the foam cushion. Very scary. Luckily I had spare foam, in exactly the right thickness and just enough. So I took it all apart soaped and then hosed this bad boy. Took off all the bazillion caution stickers I never read and are terribly scratched up now. Recovered the old cover. (I love working with bias tape I discovered.) And made a new canopy from taking apart the old canopy for a pattern. I found the fabric as a remnant at my favorite posh fabric store. I love Anna Maria Horner. And have liked this fabric for some time. So when I saw it as a remnant for half price, it was all the encouragement I needed to make a new car seat for a new Reynolds. And thank goodness I did. The mold really freaked me out.


And I had just enough left to make a little blanket to tuck around the chubbers to keep him warm.


It was my first embroidery experience and I liked it more than I expected.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I was going to hate you if you pieced that fabric! So glad you found it at Textile instead! Love it. Hope you are doing well:)

mmdd said...

I just found your website again. YOU AMAZE ME! Put up more pictures of Boone. We'll see him Friday too I guess. xo Melinda