March 23, 2011

Reading


Just finished listening to this book. It made me so still and emptily sad. Not like the overfilling sadness I feel from 'Beloved'. Resigned sadness. I'll savor the sadness for a few hours, and blessedly, the sadness is in someone else's life, so it cannot stay.

I am curious what conversations we'll have about it at bookclub.

Paul and I also just finished listening to
It was better than the picture suggests. We'll be listening to the next 2 in the series as well.

Today I check out Jane Eyre. Never read/listened to it. I will now be a little more cultured. and ready for the movie.

3 comments:

Brady + Marsha said...

Love Jane Eyre! Your family is adorable, Alisha! Love you!

S.A.R. said...

Harry loves Brandon Sanderson. Like, LOVES him. I think now that I've gotten a girl's point of view on these books I must try them out. Thanks for the review!

Cynthia said...

I just listened to it last month. I really enjoyed it. A lot more than I thought I would.