June 9, 2008

Miami

I went to the SEA (Society for Education in Anesthesia) conference in Miami over the weekend to present some research.

Here is my Kia Optima rental car. I told them that it looked like a REAL nice Kia (wink wink), and they let me drive off the lot. Their mistake, my benefit.
Here is what my face looked like when I drove the car. By the way, I got in real late the first night and had to get up at 5 AM, and that is when I took this picture. Hence the puffy eyes.
And here is my poster. I know, I look retarded in the picture. It's excusable -- I have 3 kids now. I'm practically an old man. By the way, check out the gang sign I am throwing with my right hand.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I commend you on your excellent parallel parking skillz, Paul.

Brigham said...

Paul,
You are a giant among men. Congratulations on the growth of your family and your triumphant life.

My Grandma was an anesthesiologist. My uncle too.

Brigham

McEwen Family said...

You are so funny Paul! I love the Kia aka Charger, Andy is getting a new company car any day now that looks just like the charger in the pic, black and all so you didn't fool me on that one! Glad you were able to benefit on the larger car.
When stuff like that happens to me it makes my day.
Nice gang sign too, you had me laughing.
Hope you enjoyed displaying your research at the conference, Good for you!