July 22, 2008

The Truth About the Reynolds

While downloading pics from our camera, I discovered that Axel had taken some pictures when I wasn't looking. He actually got a few cute ones of Maggie.

and Lucy.
But mostly, he took pictures of things I try to hide about our family.
Maggie eats crayons if there are any around. She likes to throw away dirty diapers, and sometimes gets sidetracked from making it to the trash can.
Sometimes clean, wet laundry sits in the washing machine so long that I have to wash it again.My sewing table and bedroom is most often a disaster.

Our storage area is so messy and unorganized you can hurt yourself looking for something in the stacked piles of boxes around our table saw.What my house looks like when I attempt to do the laundry, organize the kids clothes, do the budget, make bread, make phone calls I've been putting off, return swim suits that didn't work and squeeze in some fun time with the kids, all in one day.

Proof that I shop at Walmart and buy cookies.
What was I doing when Axel took all the pictures? Well he took a picture of that too. Slinging Lucy, receipts on the floor (thanks Maggie), us bank on the computer, probably talking to someone on the phone straitening out some health insurance mess-up. This is how our family really is.

7 comments:

Heidi and Matt said...

That is so cute! Wow, I am glad to see your house, that is what mine looks like when I'm trying to get stuff done too--and I occasionally indulge my kids (and myself) with some walmart cookies!!!

Brenda said...

Thanks for the peek at your real life. I'm glad your multi-tasking looks like mine :)

Melissa said...

I do the leave the clothes in the washer thing at least once or twice a week...I think I could save a ton of money on laundry detergent if I wasn't such a scatterbrain! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The Lewis Family said...

now we know that truth about the Reynolds! HEHE...too cute

Emily P said...

Ya had me rolling with laghter. I really love your kids! -Em P

sallyavena said...

Wait! You are human...I'll have to revoke that application for sainthood I had sent in:)

vfg said...

I got a proud call from Maura-Lee a couple of weeks ago when she found "my" sought-after fabric on your baby sling. I had already (1) bought a pre-made sling in the brown colorway of the same print and (2) ordered 7 yards of the green when I finally found it. But she knew how much it meant to me.

I keep on hearing rumors of your crafty greatness, even here. And your house still looks pretty great :).