July 7, 2009

Russian friend

We had a couple over for dinner tonight who we haven't seen in quite some time. We've run in to the husband a few times, but the wife and I haven't seen each other for 3+ years. Well, now we have three kids, when last I saw her, we had 1 year old Axel. She's from Russia and is fluent, but sometimes she says funny things, which sound like a perfect translation from her thoughts. Here's one exchange we had. I have changed her name to protect her identity:
Cvyeta: Wow, you have three kids now. You are very busy.
Alisha: Yes they do keep me busy.
Cvyeta tilts her face a little closer and in a hushed tone: You will protect yourself now, da?

This could be interpreted a few different ways, and they're all funny and true.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I laughed out loud at this one.

ericareynolds said...

That is hilarious!!