February 4, 2010

Today I put on the 6th and, I think, last coat of paint. Saturday, install new keys.

By the way, got this piano for free from some kindly people in our ward. 4 years ago they stood up in church and said, anybody want a free piano? My hand shot up. I'm a sucker for free stuff.

This is my new/old project. I saved this couch from a dumpster about 3 years ago. It's not smelly, it's really sturdy. The wood is a little chipped and paint rubbed, the upholstery is junko, but it's biggest flaw is there's no bottom cushion.
I fell in love instantly. I dragged it out. That took a while to do by myself and not damage it. Then I had to find a truck to transport it to my house, it was at a friend's dumpster, and to add to the head-ache, it started to rain. While driving in a different part of town, there was a random HUGE heavy duty plastic sheet balled up on the sidewalk of a busy street. It was like a sign from heaven from the deceased first owner of the couch who still loved it. I jumped out at the red light (again, how convenient) grabbed the bag, drove to the couch, and covered it, so the rain wouldn't wreck the delicate carving of the wood. Here it is before you. Beautiful.
However, Paul is hoping it exits the back entry soon.
Look at those arms.
Today I removed about 300 little tiny nails holding the upholstery on.

A few funny things from the kids.

While cleaning up near the kids room while Maggie was supposed to be sleeping, but 1 hour later STILL crying, I heard her hopeless voice, between sobs, "I can't do this!"

I read a story to Axel about a moose who fell in love with the most beautiful moose in the forest, not for her beauty, but for her heart. I said, "We love people for their heart, don't we? Do you love Mom because she's beautiful, or for her heart?" Axel answered with a sweet voice and smile, "Because you're beautiful." I didn't correct him. What a good boy.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I have to say I love it when you jump back on the bloggin' bandwagon! So entertaining -- I love that you are busy projecting -- keep up the amazing work. BTW - I love your beauty and your heart :)

[AnnieR] said...

I'm loving every bit of it. I want to see that piano in the room when it gets there next weekend.
P.S.-Ruby and May are both convinced they are marrying Axel. Hm.