January 16, 2011

Lately

I've been enjoying embroidery and feeling very Valentine's festive. I love the Christmas decorations and it makes me sad that the celebration is over. To ease the pain, I jump right into Valentine's Day. Here is my latest loving creation.


One on each side of the front door. I got the frames at Goodwill more than a year ago and painted them with a blue wash. I think I'll change out what's in the frames depending on what time of year it is.

When I was a girl, I loved cross-stiching. I haven't done it in so long, because I didn't like the look of it. Now I'm liking it again, and I still love the process. I did these on a long car ride to see my Florida brother and family. Made the 20 hours of sitting much nicer. And no, it didn't take all 20 hours.


A few Christmas pics:

My parents came to visit after Christmas. It was lovely. You can see in the back my piano Valentine's decor - already up. The white XOXO is sheet music, "She's always a woman to me". Because I often feel like I must be as crazy as the woman in the song, and I imagine Paul singing it, and that he loves me in spite of my temperament.


3 comments:

S.A.R. said...

I love it I love it I love it. All of it!

Heather Thomas said...

Lucy with her always serious face while wearing her strawberry shortcake chef outfit really made me laugh out loud:) So fun!!

Cynthia said...

LOL! Love the cross stitch. You make me small.