July 19, 2011

Dresser, finally

It's a little yellower than I imagined, but I still really like it.  

The reason it's taken me so long to post (I finished painting forever ago)  Is I had a knob problem.  I first bought some from World Market that were very cute, and a salmon color, but they didn't have 8, so I bought what they had and intended to order more.  Well, they aren't making those knobs anymore, so I couldn't get more.  I browsed Anthropologie without any hope they'd have anything I could afford.  But then, on supersale...
But even on supersale, I couldn't justify more than 8 knobs.  So I painted the old knobs, with nail polish actually.  It looks pretty good, but the bluey pinky pearl, really just looks pink.  I think I'll paint them the same color blue as the other knobs.  With conventional paint.  But it'll wait until I paint something else I have in mind in that same color.


And, Lou tried on Paul's glasses this morning.  Look like anyone?
Time for a haircut.  Hopefully I can make those bangs look like we meant to do it.  Suggestions?, peeps who know about hair.

1 comment:

sallyavena said...

Do you want to come help me paint? And what kind of paint did you use on the dresser? I have one that I want to paint, but the ones I've painted in the past seemed to get dinged up too easily.
As for the hair...just wait and let it grow. My experience is the more you try to "fix" it the worse it looks.