July 18, 2011

It's never too late to ruin your life.

That seems to be the theme of this year.  I keep hearing about people I know, or people I love, who I considered to be in a safe-zone, who have ruined their lives.  Old people, who are in the coasting time of their lives, mess it all up right before the end.  Young people who stayed chaste and made great sacrifice to serve missions, and were sealed in the temple, have wasted it all.  I don't know what it is about this year, but I'm hearing about it a lot, and at least twice a month, I say to myself, "It's never too late to ruin your life."  So hopefully I'll remember, and not ruin mine.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Sure enjoy your blog, and I really mean that - just ask your parents. It's never too late to ruin your life - aka - endure til the end. Each phase of life has its own special challenges. Must stay alert for pitfalls. Thanks for the reminder. Love, Aunt Beth

Stewart and Clarissa Foss said...

So true. I have seen far too many reminders of this.

[AnnieR] said...

I'd like to think that with most things, we can come back from them, with a few exceptions of course...but it's a whole heck of a lot easier not to mess up in the first place.

Cynthia said...

It's staggering isn't it? So many good people.

Love hearing from you and about your clan. Hugs.

aaron and allee said...

This year has certainly been strange....I am not seeing so much of the life-ruining, but rather life-changing events have taken place in the lives of those close to us such as catastrophic accidents which leave one paralyzed. It has definitely reminded me how grateful I am for a Gospel perspective. Despite the trials and hardships, we truly are blessed beyond measure.