September 15, 2010

Camio pillow

I've been working on pillows for my new white and bright and perfect couch. So I was surfing the web a lot on the lookout for interesting pillows. The pillow below is one I decided to make. It was my inspiration.
Who's face? I thought of a lot of faces, but decided that really, I just wanted to see my sister in my music room all the time. Plus she has a great profile. In my family, we're a little chubby and may not have the best hygiene, but we have great bone structure, which is what I needed. So she agreed, and I hope she doesn't mind me posting this picture. This was taken late at night after a hard day dealing with 25 kindergartners. And she's pregnant. Look at that bone structure!


Thank you photoshop.
Here I changed the pony tail and added body below the neck. That's it. I didn't change the face or head AT ALL, Heidi, and look how beautiful it is. I knew my sister's profile would be perfect.

My first little experiment with freezer paper. Loved it. Hot iron temporarily adheres the paper to the fabric. The lines were very clean, no bleeding. I did a tester, very pleased with my fabric and paint.

Viola.
And it really looks like her. Thanks, Heid.

8 comments:

Stewart and Clarissa Foss said...

Can't wait to see the Jared pillow.

Alisha said...

I actually considered that... for about 10 seconds. I'd put him in a top hat.

S.A.R. said...

Wow! I love this. And I love that you used your sister. I have a feeling that pillows like this would sell like hotcakes on the internet.

The Blandon's said...

Amazing! Why do you not live next to me!? I need your inspiration.
Heidi face really is perfect! She has a great profile.
What are you talking about, chubby??? Your family is not what I would call chubby!
Good job, I am very impressed.

[AnnieR] said...

What if your bone structure is nothing to write home about, you're a little chubby AND you have bad hygiene? No one wants you to lay on their special pillows.

It looks so great! I love the unusual shape--that was a fun twist. And to think I get to see this pillow in person pretty soon...SQUEEEEAL! And I'll make sure to shower before I come over, as to not sully your new pretty pillows with my bad hygiene.

Heidi & Pona said...

Cool pillow Lish! You did a great job. I feel like a star!! Too bad you didn't ask me a couple months ago before I gained 15 lbs already! Oh well. I weigh myself everyday and I gained 3 lbs in one day this week. Isn't that amazing! I can't stop it. Anyway, I have to say that I have great hygiene. I am not flashy or stylish, but I am clean. I would just like to set the record straight. I am a brusher, flosser, and showerer.

Alisha said...

Darn it, I guess Dad and I stand alone in the hygiene-lacking category.

Stewart and Clarissa Foss said...

Sarah might be right. Have you looked at etsy.com?