September 16, 2010

To decorate the couch

has been so much fun!
This was the last pillow I just purchased the fabric after school, and couldn't wait to get it on the last pillow. It's some kind of Japanese fabric, that I love. Look at that elephant. Perfect colors.

This one was very fun. It was my first adventure with covering buttons with cloth/buttons in pillows. The pillow is out of corduroy, sewn together with the whale going in different directions.
Anna Maria horner prints; her drawing room line has been discontinued and is very difficult to find the last remaining pieces. Luckily I found someone who had a yard. (They don't have it anymore, so maybe I cleaned them out! Ha!) The fabric on the right was my color pallete for my design ideas for this room, and of course, the pillows.
How it will usually look, picture taken with usually dirty camera lense. Thank you peanut-butter-fingers trying to pry open the camera cover.
I must take a moment to thank Melinda, without whose junk pillows, these would have been much more expensive. She was getting rid of a bunch of old pillows that were all matted and flat, and before giving them to Goodwill asked if I'd like them. Don't mind if I do. They've come with me on the last two moves, and every time Paul really wanted to throw out those useless looking pillows. I assured him that they would be transformed, and yes, someday I would get around to using them. He likes the pillows. I made the pillow forms first, taking the fluff out of the old pillows, fluffing it, and then stuffing the new forms. Then i could stick them on the couch and determine what sizes I wanted them to be. This is when I decided I needed one round shape and one rectangle. I love love love love them. And it makes my couch very exciting.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I am in love with this. Especially your sister pillow, such a cute idea. Great work!!

McEwen Family said...

You are very talented! I love your couch and vibrant pillows! The couch looks so complete I bet you can't stop looking at it :) you ought to be very proud, looks amazing!

S.A.R. said...

Okay, I love the corduroy pillow to the point that I have to tell you the cheesiest joke I know.

Did you hear about the corduroy pillow?... It's making HEADLINES!

Tee hee.

The Lewis Family said...

I love your couch and your awesome pillows! You rock!

Cynthia said...

You are a sewing Rock Star!

gr8fl said...

Seriously you are ridiculously talented! What amazing pillows. If we beg Anna Maria do you think she can rustle up more of that fabric- I know where she goes to church in town- we could stalk her!?
But really,the whole room looks elegant and beautiful with a touch of whimsy- I just adore it!
And you, as well!