October 15, 2010

Birthday Bliss

I think I had as much fun at this party as Maggie did. As I made the decorations and cute little clothes, and curled her hair in the morning, I felt like a little girl that never grew up. I love kids parties. How crazy is that?

I watercolored the door sign.

I love tissue paper pompoms. I love tissue paper pompoms. I love tissue paper pompoms. These are going in the girls room until they fall apart.

Birthday banner from scraps.



Cupcakes with fruit roll-up roses on them.



Birthday Girl picked the most delicious ice cream - raspberry pomegranate. Little Sister liked it and the cupcakes.

She also picked out these beautiful little roses. I can't decide which Rose is more beautiful.
She loved all the presents. Look at that joyful surprise.

We played a lot of fun games too. I include this picture because it shows Axel winding up for a really good throw, and Maggie running for cover. Ha! This actually is a game, it's not just a free-for-all pelting session.



Couch update: See all those children on the pristine white couch. Did they get it dirty? Of course. One child actually stepped on it with his dirty shoe and left a shoe print on the cushion. A few dirt swipes, a few dried up wet spot of who knows what, and general dirtiness and lintiness. 45 seconds of light wiping with water and a microfiber cloth, and it is absolutely clean. Like wiping it off a counter. Like magic. I wonder if I'll ever get used to it. I wonder if I'll be able to have any other kind of upholstery again. I love that I can have this beautiful room, and can enjoy sharing it with little messy cupcake faces.



Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.James Oppenheim, "Bread and Roses"

1 comment:

[AnnieR] said...

Hey! I'm making tissue paper pom poms for May's party, too. Oh aren't we so crafty.

Seriously cute party. I love a good theme. Wish we could have come. And to Axel's too. Blahblahblah.