June 27, 2011

I made a trellis

The watermelon plant is growing so well, it already requires a trellis.  So I thought I'd make one out of the enormous pile of honeysuckle that is still sitting in my front yard.  I bought some twine, picked my sticks, and watched an excellent youtube video on how to lash.  42 lashes later,  viola.  

Looks so primitive.  I love it.

I thought it was a good skill that I should've known already.  Wasn't too difficult, but it did take a while repeating the lash 42 times.  And it cost me just about nothing.  In case anybody is wanting to tie some sticks together, I made this short very educational video.  I'm such a cheeseball.



I think when the season is over, I might tent two of them together and put a tarp over for a play tent for the kids.

Dresser update:  Painted, waiting for knobs to arrive in the mail.

No comments: