June 30, 2011

Boone Update, followed by 'Maggie's skills'

Boone is everyone's favorite family member.  He is so smiley and cute and responsive, it's impossible not to make silly noises and faces at him.  The children are especially getting into him lately.  They always want to feed him (we've finally got it down to ask Mom FIRST), and give him toys and play with him through the bars of the crib until Mom can get him.  They really love him.  It is so sweet to watch.  

We put our children in the laundry basket.  When they're little we lay them in it.  When they're big they sit in it.  It helps them sit up when they're still wobbly.  That's what stage Boone is in right now.  I love coming upon Boone with the improvements the children have made.  Today while in the laundry basket, Axel gave Boone a blanket and a pink 'pearl' necklace, which he was chewing on.  We live dangerously.  Axel had turned on his favorite dance music and was giving Boone a dance concert interspersed with crouching in Boone's face and cooing, and tickling his neck.  It's enough to make a Mother glad she had 4 children.  Next time I came upon Boone this is what I found.    


And then he woke up.


I love the amo way he wears the necklace. Very macho.


Do you want to eat his face?  

Side note: While my brother was visiting and I was doing my typical, "Ahhhhh-m gonna ee choo" and biting his neck, my brother said, "Why do women always want to eat their babies?  You had them in your body once, and you want to put them back there."  I thought that was a funny way of looking at it.  Maybe he's right.  
Also, whenever I play this game, Lou becomes very concerned and tells me "You can't eat him!"  And she repeats it louder, and louder until I stop playing.  What a good sister.


Maggie's skills:  Maggie made this skirt.  
She really did.  I did the cutting and ironing and she did the sewing and serging.  I was right there and I did thread the elastic through the waistband.  But she did almost everything.  It turned out better than I thought.  She really did a good job sewing straightly.  I am impressed and I'm showing her off  here so you can be impressed too.
And her cranky face was not about the sewing.  This was taken a week after she finished it and did not want to pose.  We very nearly had a fall-down-feet-scratching-screaming fit.  It was avoided by not insisting she look cheerful for the picture.
The shirt and bloomers I made from $1/yard Walmart fabric.  I love that Walmart fabric because it makes sewing economical.  (I would like to insert here that there is one Walmart store in Nashville that has excellent fabric, the lady there knows how to order it.  If you're reading this thinking that I'm crazy because the Walmart fabric near you is junky, let me clarify that this particular Walmart fabric is excellent.  And thanks to that fabric-ordering-lady I have much too much fabric for $1/yard.)  Now my girl can play in that skirt without me cringing over her underwear.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Way to go, Maggie!

Which Walmart, Alisha? I need to go to that one!

Alisha said...

The Walmart in Franklin.

Heidi Sitake said...

AWESOME maggie. very impressed. also boone is soooo cute. i think he looks like talai. also talai is starting to really look like you. that's what people say. wow, talai's looks are changing. he's starting to look a lot like your sister.

aaron and allee said...

You two have the cutest kids!
Way to go, Maggie! I wish that I had started sewing at that age...you did great work!