March 9, 2012

I discovered something amazing

control top jeans.

I was going through some boxes of fabric someone had given me and came across a pair of black jeans.  I almost put them immediately into the Goodwill pile, but then decided to put them on.  Nice fabric, comfy feel, but.... really high waist - to the belly button.  Like the kind I was embarrassed about my mom wearing.  Why do older women insist on wearing super high really unflattering waisted pants?  The answer, I discovered, is because it smooths out the bubbles on your tummy.  The one that my shirt gets shelfed on, the one that bubbles out even more when I sit down.  The pants are like a built in girdle.  Wow.

I wore a girdle for a while after Boone was born.  I loved it, except when someone gave me a hug and they no doubt could feel the boning and ridges on my back.  That was embarassing.  Really, I just need the girdle from the waist down.

It was like angels singing, and I finally understand why older women are drawn to granny pants.

To avoid this.
Finding this pic almost made me throw up.

And in finding highwaisted pants pictures, I discovered that high waisted pants are coming back into fashion.  Hallelujah!  

I'll probably still be wearing my shirts to cover the high waist, because I have a hard time with fashion change.  I really like the old ways.  I rolled my pants for 1 year after everyone else stopped.  I was teased and so embarrassed, but still I couldn't bring myself to stop.   

Hopefully my bottom won't look like this:

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you for the laugh, this post was inspired! Those pictures are hilarious.

Heidi Sitake said...

I love ts this post too. It's so funny. I'm sure you can pull it off without the mom butt. But where do you buy jeans like that?? Probably really expensive stores. Guess you'll have to make yours. please check out this snl clip. I love it!

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/mom-jeans/1357040

It's the "mom jeans" sketch. I love it and thought of it as soon as I read your post.

Aby Runyan said...

They keep garment tops tucked in better too!

luvs, aby

Alisha said...

Heidi, that sketch was really funny.