March 5, 2012

saving money

Our grocery bill is atrocious.  Like, I'm so embarrassed if I had to share the amount, I would feel like a gluttonous pig and you would see the fat bulging over the waist of my pants.  It seems like there's a win win solution: stop eating.  While I was at the gym today, I was feeling like not eating anymore was a great and very possible idea.  Quite exciting.  I'll look like the girls in those ads I see on the back of the bathroom stall door, AND save money.

After I cooled down and showered, and picked up the kids in the Yplay, and got a few things at Kroger and deposited a check, I was really hungry.  How could I have been so satisfied an hour ago, and now feel so wild with hunger that I'm a tigress on the prowl?  This happens to me often.  I call is the post-work out phenomenon.  While working out I'm not hungry, even if I was before.  But after the workout and my blood has slowed, I get famished.

And today there was only one thing to satiate me.



McDonald's Angus Mushroom and Swiss.  It was worth every calorie (770).  I couldn't stop myself from making pleasure noises.  What satisfaction!

(For the record, I'm a Hardees girl, bacon thickburger is the best hamburger ever, but Hardees is 20 min. away from me.  2nd for the record: I ran 4 miles at an 8 minutes pace, so it was a real work out, yo.)

However, the $6.49 was not good for saving money.  Arggg!  Back to the saving-money drawing board.

2 comments:

the youngs said...

I appreciate this post more than you can possibly know! :)

Aby Runyan said...

I'm not ashamed to say that McDonald's is one of the loves of my life. Always has been. I wish I hated it though. OH how I wish!!

luvs, aby

PS - I have to "prove" I'm "not a robot" by typing "satla tLawityp". Word verification is something I truly do hate.